Respirator-To-Ensemble Interoperability and Compatibility Benchmark Testing – FY12
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Conduct interoperability and compatibility benchmark testing on specific combinations of CBRN respirators and NFPA compliant CBRN protective ensembles
- NIOSH CBRN Respirator Standards
- NFPA 1994 Standard on Protective Ensembles for First Responders to CBRN Terrorism Incidents, 2007 Edition (Class 2 and 3 Ensembles)
- Local/State/Federal Hazardous Materials Response Teams
- NFPA Technical Committee on Hazardous Materials Protective Clothing and Equipment
- Certification Organizations & PPE Manufacturers
- Conduct product performance evaluation/validation on combinations of NFPA 1994 Class 2 & 3 compliant ensembles with ensemble manufacturer specified NIOSH compliant CBRN respirators
- Testing has been delayed until the new laboratory facilities have been completed in Morgantown, WV.
- Guidance and requirements for NIOSH review, evaluation and validation of CBRN respirator configuration and approval when worn with a CBRN protective ensemble.
- Modifications to NFPA Standards
- Certification Organization establishment of requirements to address ensemble-to-respirator interface issues.
- Enhanced inhalation and dermal protection