Wildland Firefighter Respirator Standard - FY12
- Develop new certification standards for the approval of respirators for wildland fire fighting operations.
- Wildland Fire Fighters
- Respirator Manufacturers
- Adopt NFPA 1984 Standard and coordinate with NIOSH Performance Requirements which consists of:
- Heat Resistance
- Flame Resistance
- Durability Test Methods
- Low Breathing Resistance
- Protection against carbon monoxide, organic vapors, formaldehyde, acrolein, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen dioxide
- High particulate filtering effecieincy
- NFPA Standard has been published Mar 2011
- NIOSH STPs complete 3Q 2012
- Joint Certification Program Announcement with SEI 3Q 2012
- New certification standards for wildland fire fighting respirators.
- New STPs
- Establish minimum levels of respiratory protection for personnel assigned to or involved in wildland fire fighting incident operations.