Total Inward Leakage (TIL) / Half-masks and Filtering Facepiece Respirators – FY12
- Establish TIL testing capability and performance requirements for testing of Half-mask respirators for inclusion in 42 CFR Part 84.
- Labor Unions
- Respirator Users
- 2Q Develop an Inter-panel variability test protocol
- 3Q Conduct Inter-panel variability study
- 4Q Prepare study report and peer review
- 4Q update NPRM to reflect study results
- 4Q NIOSH Staffing of NPRM
- 1Q FY13 Department Review (CDC/HHS staffing
- TIL performance requirements for testing and certification in 42 CFR Part 84
- Final rule
- PPE designs that result in better overall fitting respirators for general industrial workers, healthcare workers and emergency responders.