Ultrasound in Respirators FY 12
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Evaluate the potential for ultrasound-based techniques to provide continuous, real-time information on respirator fit/leakage.
- Evaluate applicability of ultrasound measurement to assessment of respirator fit
- Update to 42 CFR Part 84
- Potential ANSI/ASTM application
- PPT R&D
- NPPTL TRB and TEB
- R2P Partners
- Complete design, construct and characterize ultrasound data acquisition system for use on respirators while worn
- Characterize ultrasound leakage associated with individuals wearing respirators and correlation with fit
- Prototype and design specifications
- Report on correlation of ultrasound leakage and its correlation with respirator fit
- Understand the potential of ultrasound-based techniques to provide information on factors contributing to work place protection factors