CBRN PPE Training Standard: FY10 - FY11
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Design a NIOSH CBRN PPE training standard for emergency responders. Template practical CBRN respirator user instruction (UI) criteria per type of PPE.
- Assess local training standards and current UI for training specifications
- Generate CBRN respirator /PPE training module for 42CFR84
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 .134 with 2009 revision
- 42CFR84, NIOSH SAP, Field deployed CBRN respirator UI
- NFPA certified PPE user instructions for Chem/Bio ensembles
- NIOSH/OSHA/USCG/EPA HAZWOPER Guidance Manual
- OSHA Interpretation Letters and Compliance Officer checklists
- NIOSH ERC
- NFPA 472/473
- OSHA Area offices
- NIOSH and NFPA PPE certificate holders
- State administrators of PPE purchase programs
- Identify training gaps and solutions
- Act on IAB CBRN workshop findings from May 2010
- State and local public safety training academy focus
- Identify common donning time standards per PPE type
- FY10Q2: Assess user instruction formats
- FY10Q3: Generate action outline of NAS/IOM review
- FY10Q4: Generate draft UI template
- FY11Q1: Initiate stakeholder contacts to support program development and vet draft standard template
- NIOSH approved UI format
- First NIOSH CBRN PPE Training Standard
- First NIOSH PPE Training Module in new 42 CFR Part 84
- Standard is adopted by OSHA, all SDO, and DHS.
- Standard & module contribute to enhanced user proficiency at donning PPE.