Certified Product Investigation Process (CPIP) - FY10
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Ensure the quality of NIOSH Certified respiratory protective devices used in the field by investigating and resolving non-conformance issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to all reports of nonconforming respirators.
- Evaluate corrective actions taken by approval holders to ensure conformance to the criteria listed in 42 CFR, Part 84.
- Respirator Users
- Enforcement Agencies
- Emergency Responders
- Respirator manufacturers - # of new manufacturing codes issued since 2004:
- Communicate and interact with manufacturers and distributors world-wide.
- Respond to various levels of demand.
- Establish and enforce accountability for nonconformances.
- 16 on-going CPIP investigations
- 1 Firefighter reports generated
- 11 Field investigations completed (non-Firefighter)
- 2 User notices issued
- Ensure that NIOSH approved respiratory devices continue to meet or exceed the criteria on which the approval was based.
- Improved respirator components.