PPT Surveillance Planning – FY09
- Align surveillance program with the PPT Program’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Define information needs.
- Conduct data collection and analysis through:
- Primary data collection – new data
- Secondary data sources – existing data
- Initial pilot and developmental studies
- Research to Practice – Target and translate activities to outputs; disseminate outputs to stakeholders and partners
- Link outputs to the PPT Program’s strategic plan and NPPTL and other related NIOSH research programs
- NIOSH 42 CFR Part 84
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 (Respiratory protection)
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.132 – PPE
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95 (Hearing Protection)
- NIOSH SCG
- NIOSH Sector and cross-sector programs
- State-based surveillance programs
- Establish primary data gathering and analysis strategy for PPT
- Work with sectors and cross sectors to identify primary data gathering to determine where PPT focus should be
- 1Q - NIOSH SCG Face-to-face
- 2Q/3Q - Participate in Sector and cross-sector meetings
- 4Q - Outline FY10 needs and beyond
- Updated PPT Surveillance Strategy
- The lessons learned will be rolled out to applicable industry sectors and systems through conferences, training sessions, and by addressing research gaps identified.