Certified Product Investigation Process (CPIP) - FY09
- Ensure the quality of respiratory protective devices used in the field by investigating and resolving non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Respond to all reports of nonconforming respirators.
- Evaluate corrective actions taken by approval holders to ensure conformance to the criteria listed in 42 CFR, Part 84.
- Respirator Users
- Enforcement Agencies
- Respirator manufacturers - # of new manufacturing codes issued since 2004:
- Total -57
- US - 26
- Non -31
- Communicate and interact with manufacturers and distributors world-wide.
- Respond to various levels of demand.
- Establish and enforce accountability for nonconformances.
- 14 Firefighter Investigative reports and documentation.
- 16 Field investigations closed (non-Firefighter).
- 2 NIOSH Approval Revocations
- Ensure that NIOSH approved respiratory devices continue to meet or exceed the criteria on which the approval was based.
- Improved respirator components