Closed-Circuit Escape Respirator (CCER) Standard - FY09
- Develop new certification standards for the approval of self-contained, closed-circuit breathing apparatus used for escape from atmospheres considered to be immediately dangerous to life and health.
- SCSR manufacturers
- SCSR Users
- Rate units by capacity of O2
- Evaluate ruggedness against expected hazards (heat, cold, shock and vibration)
- Evaluate practical performance, human factors, and wearability
- Periodic testing (LTFE) of field deployed apparatus, as well as voluntary registration.
- Q2 Conduct Public meetings to solicit stakeholder comments
- Q3 Reconcile stakeholder comments and submit final rule for agency staffing
- New certification standards for self-contained, closed-circuit breathing apparatus used for escape
- New STPs
- Improved overall performance, reliability, and safety of this type of respirator