Physiological Models and Countermeasures FY09
- Establish an understanding of the physiological "burden" imposed by personal protective ensembles
- Perform research on countermeasures to this "burden"
- Firefighters/emergency responders
- Standards organizations (NFPA, ASTM)
- Manufacturers of materials and ensembles
- Conduct PPE ensemble physiologic testing in the NPPTL research physiology laboratory
- Physiologic test of conductive & convective cooling countermeasures
- Develop & test model of regional vs. global cooling countermeasures
- Incorporate data from current project and Project HEROES in the development of physiologic models and countermeasures
- Q1 Draft abstract on preliminary results from cooling study for submission to professional conference (ICEE, Boston 2009)
- Q2 Complete data analysis of cooling garment study and Draft first manuscript on data collected from cooling garment study
- Q3 Submit first manuscript to coauthors for comments and approval, submit for internal and external peer review
- Q4 ICEE presentation in Boston, MA
- Manuscripts published or submitted to peer review journals (0 to date)
- Presentations at conferences (0 to date)
- Standards committee meetings & public meetings (1 to date)
- Regional cooling data used to support and develop improved ASTM F23.6 physiological test methods.
- Physiologically relevant performance criteria incorporated into NFPA and ISO standards.