ISO Standards Development - FY08
- Provide research Necessary to Influence the ISO standards pertaining to Respiratory Protection to enhance and harmonize 42 CFR 84 performance requirements.
- 42 CFR Part 84
- 29 CFR 1910 .134
- Regulators, academicians, respirator manufacturers, certifiers and users worldwide
- Certification agencies
- Respirator Users
- Participate in all of the project groups, working groups and Sub-committee endeavors and administer the US Technical Advisory Group. Conduct research where necessary to support these efforts.
- Develop standard test methods
- Develop specification on workrates
- Develop specification on anthropometrics
- Develop standard on definitions
- Standards for international harmonization of RPE performance
Page last updated: August 08, 2008
Page last reviewed: August 08, 2008
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)