Hearing Protection and Audibility Considerations - FY07
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- To evaluate hearing protector technologies and evaluate impact on audibility and communication
- 30 CFR 62
- ANSI S3.2, s3.6, S3.19, S3.21, S12.6
- Noise Partnership
- Hearing protector manufacturers (Howard Leight, Peltor, etc.)
- Series of laboratory experiments to identify audibility issues in different mining environments.
- Experimentation with different hearing protector technologies (active protection, innovative earplug and earmuff designs, etc.) to determine their effect on audibility.
- Analysis to determine interrelation between environments, sound types, and hearing protector types.
- Published knowledgebase of effects of different hearing protector technologies in different environments
- Web-based interactively searchable interface
- Printed guide
- Published results of audibility analysis and strategies for improving audibility
Page last modified: July 23, 2007
Page last reviewed: July 23, 2007
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)