Multi-Function PAPR -FY07
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- To develop new comprehensive test standards for certifying multi-function PAPRs (powered air purifying respirators).
- Firefighters and rescue personnel
- Agricultural workers Agricultural workers
- Medical personnel
- Respirator Users
- PPE Manufacturers
- Conduct flow visualization testing on 2-loose and 1-tight fitting PAPRs. Human subject testing of facial leakage and testing for CO2 buildup for both loose and tight fitting PAPRs.
- Complete facial leakage testing on loose and tight fitting PAPRs.
- Complete testing on CO2 buildup
- Peer Review of Draft Final Report
- Final report detailing the results of the investigation (NIOSH Scientific publication)
- Presentations at the AIHce
- Publications in the AIHA Journal
- Publications in ISRP Journal
- Peer Reviewed articles of investigation on facial leakage and CO2 buildup
- Draft standards for PAPRs incorporating PPT for protection against injury hazards
- Availability of certified PPE providing protection from inhalation and injury hazards
Page last modified: July 23, 2007
Page last reviewed: July 23, 2007
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)