CO2 Deadspace Test System Mod - FY07
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Develop new CO2 Deadspace Test System with improved process controls/data acquisition and analysis system to replace the existing CO2 Deadspace Test System
- 42 CFR Part 84
- 29 CFR 1910.134
- Respirator manufacturers
- Emergency responders
- Respirator Users
- Develop new test system to evaluate respirator CO2 deadspace.
- Correlation tests of new and existing test systems to Equate test results.
- Complete breathing machine analysis - 6/30/07
- Complete Standard Test Procedure - 9/30/07
- Implement new CO2 Deadspace Test System - 1/1/08
- Revised Standard Test Procedure
- Respirator manufacturer's adoption of new test system for evaluating respirator designs
- Better assessment of CO2 buildup within respirator facepieces
Page last modified: July 23, 2007
Page last reviewed: July 23, 2007
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)