Study of Efficacy of User Seal Checks on Filtering Face Pieces - FY07
- Evaluate the efficacy of User Seal Checks on Filtering Facepiece Respirators
- Labor Unions
- Respirator Users
- Conduct User Seal Checks on various Filtering Facepiece Respirators to assess the ability of the seal check to discriminate between an adequate and a poor seal.
- Develop the human subject pool
- Begin to conduct the evaluation and collect data
- Publication of project reports
- Presentations at conferences and stakeholder meetings
- Improved user instructions, regulation changes, and improved user attitudes concerning the ability and need to conduct seal checks.
Page last modified: July 23, 2007
Page last reviewed: July 23, 2007
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)