Multi-Function PAPR -FY06
- To develop new comprehensive test standards for certifying multi-function PAPRs (powered air purifying respirators)
- MSHA has provided a technical expert to collaborate.
- Firefighters and rescue personnel
- Medical personnel
- Conduct flow visualization testing on 2-loose and 1-tight fitting PAPRs. Started human subject testing on facial leakage.
- Developed and started conducted testing on CO2 buildup for both loose and tight fitting PAPRs.
- Draft Final Report.
- Complete facial leakage testing on loose and tight fitting PAPRs.
- Complete testing on CO2 buildup.
- Draft reports of investigation on facial leakage and CO2 buildup.
- Final report detailing the results of the investigation (NIOSH numbered document) as well as specifying draft standards.
- Presentations at the AIHce
- Publications in the AIHA Journal
- Publications in ISRP Journal
- Draft standards for PAPRs
- Updated performance requirements to improve respirator user safety and health
Page last modified: July 23, 2007
Page last reviewed: July 23, 2007
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)