Physiological Models and Countermeasures FY06
- Establish an understanding of the physiological "burden" imposed by personal protective ensembles
- Perform research on countermeasures to this "burden"
- Develop comprehensive, predictive models of physiological stress for the purpose of ensemble evaluation
- Aspen Systems, Inc.
- IPP, Inc.
- Morning Pride
- Firefighters/emergency responders
- Standards organizations (NFPA, ASTM)
- Manufacturers of materials and ensembles
- Conduct PPE ensemble physiologic testing in the NPPTL research physiology laboratory
- Select test methods and develop physiological models
- Physiologic test of conductive & convective cooling countermeasures
- Develop & test model of regional vs. global cooling countermeasures
- Incorporate data from current project and Project HEROES in the development of physiologic models and countermeasures
- Complete regional cooling physiological proposal
- Submit for external peer review and HSRB approval
- Recruit subjects and begin data collection
Page last modified: July 23, 2007
Page last reviewed: July 23, 2007
Content Source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)