HLR Program within NIOSH Structure
Four NIOSH divisions and three NIOSH offices are involved in the HLR program:
· Division of Applied Research and Technology (DART)
· Pittsburgh Research Laboratory (PRL)
· Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluation and Field Studies (DSHEFS)
· Education and Information Division (EID)
· Office of Extramural Programs (OEP)
· Office of Health Communications (OHC)
· Office of Research and Technology Transfer (ORTT)
Each division/laboratory is under the leadership of a division director and branch chiefs. These managers provide the primary direction to the HLR program and other programs in their division, make funding decisions, review the progress of projects, and approve the closeout of projects. With the exception of the HHE program, the HLR work in each division is located and managed in one branch, though other expertise is drawn from other units (e.g. statistician services).
 Decisions regarding projects funded under the NORA augmentation of intramural research are made at the level of NIOSH Office of the Director.