What does the HLR Program do?
In this part of the website, you will find descriptons of research activities in the four major research goal areas:
- Hearing Loss Prevention Programs
- Hearing Protection Devices
- Engineering Control of Noise Sources
- Surveillance and Risk Factors
How are the goals organized?
Under each one of these goals, there are a series of subgoals that contribute to the main goal.
The pages for each subgoal contain two types of information:
- Issue - Under this heading, you will find information about why the research activity was started.
- Approach - Here you will find a description of the research activities undertaken under the subgoal.
Following these descriptions, there is an opportunity to click through to descriptions of Outputs and Transfer and Intermediate Outcomes that resulted from the research activities. They are located under the "What has the HLR Program achieved?" portion of this site.
A description of future work within each subgoal is located in the "What will the HLR Program achieve?" portion of this site.