4.2e) RDRP Publications of Special Note Relating to Obstructive Airways Diseases
4.2d) Prevention and Reduction of Flavorings-Induced Bronchiolitis Obliterans | 4.3 Letters of Support, Etc.
- Balmes J, Becklake M, Blanc P, Henneberger P, Kreiss K, Mapp C, Milton D, Schvartz D, Toren K, Viegi G . American Thoracic Society statement: Occupational contribution to the burden of airway disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:787-797 (A4-50). (ISI Web of Science: cited 61 times as of 7/18/06)
- Attfield MD, Hodous TK . Pulmonary function of U.S. coal miners related to dust exposure estimates. Am Rev Respir Dis 14:605-609 (A4-51). (ISI Web of Science: cited 35 times as of 7/18/06)
- Attfield MD . Longitudinal decline in FEV1 in U.S. coalminers. Thorax 40:132-137 (A4-52). (ISI Web of Science: cited 59 times as of 7/18/06)
- Hodgins P, Henneberger PK, Wang ML, Petsonk EL . Bronchial responsiveness and five-year FEV1 decline. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 157:1390-1396 (A4-53). (ISI Web of Science: cited 10 times as of 7/18/06)
- Beeckman LF, Wang ML, Petsonk EL, Wagner GR . Rapid declines in FEV1 and subsequent respiratory symptoms, illnesses, and mortality in coal miners in the U.S. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:633-639 (A4-54). ISI Web of Science: cited 6 times as of 7/18/06)
- Kuempel ED, Stayner LT, Attfield MD, Buncher CR . Exposure-response analysis of mortality among coal miners in the U.S. Am J Ind Med 28:167-184 (A4-55). (ISI Web of Science: cited 21 times as of 7/18/06)
- Vallyathan V, Green FHY, Brower P, Attfield M . The role of coal mine dust exposure in the development of pulmonary emphysema. Ann Occup Hyg 41:352-357 (A4-56). (ISI Web of Science: cited 3 times as of 7/18/06)
- Hnizdo E, Sullivan PA, Bang KM, Wagner G . Association between COPD and employment by industry and occupation in the U.S. population: a study of data from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Am J Epidemiol 156:738-746 (A4-61). (ISI Web of Science: cited 20 times as of 7/18/06)
- Hnizdo E, Sullivan PA, Bang KM, Wagner G. Airflow obstruction attributable to work in industry and occupation among U.S. race/ethnic groups: A study of NHANES III data. Am J Ind Med 2004;46:126-135 (A4-62).
- Hankinson JL, Odencrantz JR, Fedan KB . Spirometric reference values from a sample of the general U.S. population. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 159:179-187 (A4-63). (ISI Web of Science: cited 234 times as of 7/18/06)
- Leigh JP, Romano PS, Schenker MB, Kreiss K . Costs of occupational COPD and asthma. Chest 121:264-272 (A4-64). (ISI Web of Science: cited 15 times as of 7/18/06)
- Wang ML, Gunel E, Petsonk EL . Design strategies for longitudinal spirometry studies: study duration and measurement frequency. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:2134-2138 (A4-67). (ISI Web of Science: cited 6 times as of 7/18/06)
- Wang ML, Petsonk EL . Repeated measures of FEV1 over six to twelve months: what change is abnormal? J Occup Environ Med 46:591-595 (A4-68). (ISI Web of Science: cited 3 times as of 7/18/06)
- Hnizdo E, Yu L, Freyder L, Attfield MD, Lefante J, Glindmeyer HW . The precision of longitudinal lung function measurements:monitoring and interpretation. Occup Environ Med 62:695-701 (A4-69).
- Hnizdo E, Sircar K, Glindmeyer HW, Petsonk EL . Longitudinal limits of normal decline in lung function in an individual. J Occup Environ Med 48:1-10. (A4-70).
- Kanwal R, Kullman G, Piacitelli C, Boylstein R, Sahakian N, Martin S, Fedan K, Kreiss K . MD evaluation of flavorings-related lung disease risk at six microwave popcorn plants. JOEM 48:2 (A4-78).
- Kreiss K, Gomaa A, Kullman G, et al. . Clinical bronchiolitis obliterans in workers at a microwave-popcorn plant. N Engl J Med 347 (5):330-338 (A4-79).
- Hubbs AF, Batelli LA, Goldsmith WT, et al. . Necrosis of nasal and airway epithelium in rats inhaling vapors of artificial butter flavoring. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 185:128-135 (A4-80).
- Fedan JS, Dowdy JA, Fedan KB, Hubbs AF . Popcorn worker's lung: In vitro exposure to diacetyl, an ingredient in microwave popcorn butter flavoring, increases reactivity to methacholine. Tox App Pharm 215:17-22 (A4-81).