Mining Product: Underground Coal Mine Map Reading Training
This training includes three components for teaching and testing map reading skills. The first, Map Reading Basics (MRB), covers terminology and concepts needed to read and understand an underground coal mine map. An opportunity to practice using those skills while navigating through a simulated mine is provided in the second part, Mine Navigation Challenge (MNC). These two parts can be used together or separately according to trainee needs. Trainees can get additional practice by going on a scavenger hunt in the simulated mine. After completing training, participants will be able to read a mine map to identify and navigate to specified locations in an underground coal mine.
Skills Reviewed: The trainee will utilize map reading techniques to effectively and safely navigate a coal mine and identify in-mine cues used for mine navigation.
Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours
Installation notes: Download the appropriate ZIP archive for the version of Windows® you are using (32-bit or 64-bit), unpack into a temporary folder and double-click Install.htm. If you are not sure what version of windows you are running go to this Microsoft® site for help.
Changes in this version include:
- Created separate installation programs for 64-bit (x64) ad 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows
- Fixed the 64-bit Unreal Engine detection process
- Fixed bug where multiple error messages would display for missing Unreal Engine
- Updated the HTML to be fully compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera
- Added full support for installer error reporting and shortcut creation
- Fixed a bug with the status bar default display text
NIOSH/USBM Numbered PublicationMay - 2009
NIOSHTIC2 Number: 20035836
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2009-143c, 2009 May