Mining Product: HazComWriter
Original creation date: March 2003
The HazComWriter software helps companies write their required HazCom plans and list all hazardous chemicals at their site.
Based in part on customer input, NIOSH combined the MSHA and OSHA versions of the HazCom Helper into one easy-to-use tool. This tool, the HazComWriter, is more robust than its predecessors and features a new sort utility, storage of the chemical list (Appendix A) in an Excel format, and easy to use menus. The document produced by the HazComWriter software will satisfy both MSHA and OSHA requirements for a "written hazardous communication document."
New Features in HazComWriter 3.1.3:
- Appends * to file name in title bar when there are unsaved changes to current file.
- Files are all saved in the MyDocuments\HazDB folder.
- Updated help files.
- Improved the import and export option on Chemical List dialog: HazComWriter data files (*.dta) or previously exported chemical lists (*.csv) to import.
- Improved Text. If older text is opened, please review before printing to ensure the text that was entered corresponds with the printout. For example: The the Safety director is responsible-- A double "the" will be printed.
- Improved tabbing order on the chemicals form.
- Improved installation.
- Ability to switch between MSHA and OSHA formats on the fly for File/New or File/Open.
- Fixed logic bugs in File/Save As.
To install HazComWriter 3.1.3:
- If a previous version of HazComWriter was used to prepare files, export your chemical list from the Chemical List Dialog before installing the new version so that the entire chemical list can be imported into Version 3.1.3.
- Run the setup.exe install program, and follow the instructions provided.
For technical assistance or for information on how to use the program contact NIOSH Mining at OMSHR@cdc.gov.