DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2013-149
Straight Talk About Nail Gun Safety
The information in this publication is based on NIOSH supported research; Nail Gun Safety: A Guide for Construction Contractors (NIOSH Publication No. 2011–202/OSHA Publication No. 3459–8–11); and focus group discussions with residential building subcontractors, safety specialists and workers. New nail gun users must receive safety training, not just a copy of this publication. Safety training requirements are described in detail in Nail Gun Safety: A Guide for Construction Contractors and can be viewed and printed or downloaded from www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2011-202/.
To Print the Document as a Booklet
This document can be printed in single page format or as a booklet. To maintain the page size at 8.5 x 11 inches in the booklet format, change the paper size to 11 x 17 inches. Proceed with printing the document as recommended below:
- Bring up your print screen.
- Go to the page handling feature. For example, your print screen may read “Page Sizing & Handling” or “Page Handling”.
- Select booklet.
- Adjust the printer settings so that each page aligns from the top to bottom and reads left to right. On some printers the setting is “Print on both sides: flip up”.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO