Use Personal Protective Equipment (Correctional Staff)
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2013-123
- During pat downs.
- When handling wet or soiled laundry.
- If you might come into contact with skin or body fluids.
- After removing gloves, wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Other personal protective equipment
- If sprays or splashes of body fluids are likely, use masks, face/eye protection, and gowns.
- Page last reviewed: June 6, 2014
- Page last updated: June 6, 2014
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division