DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2010-133
How to Properly Put On and Take Off a Disposable Respirator
Wash your hands thoroughly before putting on and taking off the respirator.
- If you have used a respirator before that fit you, use the same make, model and size.
- Inspect the respirator for damage. If your respirator appears damaged, DO NOT USE IT. Replace it with a new one.
- Do not allow facial hair, hair, jewelry, glasses, clothing, or anything else to prevent proper placement or come between your face and the respirator.
- Follow the instructions that come with your respirator.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO