DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2007-143C
Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1
Data analysis for chemical protective clothing permeation testing involves a number of equations and experimental factors. Experimenter bias and possible calculation errors are critical issues when determining permeation parameters, including various breakthrough times, steady-state permeation rate, cumulative permeation, average permeation rate, etc.
Permeation Calculator, a Microsoft Windows compatible program is a computer tool for automating the permeation testing data analysis. It works for either a closed-loop or an open-loop permeation test. The program imports the data file collected during a permeation test and calculates the permeation parameters related to ASTM F 739, ASTM D 6978, and ISO 6529 standards based on a series of algorithms, strategies, and decision making. Upon completion, the program displays all the calculated permeation parameters, the permeation curve, and relevant information.
Permeation Calculator is to help researchers and industrial hygienists avoid labor intensive hand calculations of the permeation parameters. The program will also prevent inconsistency caused by different experimenters thus ensuring identical permeation parameters will be obtained from a given permeation test data file.
The Latest Version of Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1 - Unzip Installation Instructions:
- Download the Permeation Calculator.zip file to your PC
- Once downloaded, right click on the PermCalc.zip file and select, Extract file. The Extraction Wizard Appears, click next to continue. The Select the Destination screen appears, click next to extract all of the files. Click Finish to complete.
- After unzipping the "PermCalc.zip" file, make sure that all the six (6) *.dll files and the "PermCalc.exe" file are located in the same subfolder on your computer.
- Click on the executable file "PermCalc.exe" to run the software.
Permeation Calculator v2.4.1 - Zip File, Operating Instructions and Screen Shots:
- Download Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1/PermCalc.zip
- Operating Instructions for the Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1 [PDF - 74KB]
- Screen Shots of the Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1 [PDF - 1.2MB]
For a complete set of application procedures, contact NIOSH at 412-386-4000 or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO