Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2007-143C
Data analysis for chemical protective clothing permeation testing involves a number of equations and experimental factors. Experimenter bias and possible calculation errors are critical issues when determining permeation parameters, including various breakthrough times, steady-state permeation rate, cumulative permeation, average permeation rate, etc.
Permeation Calculator, a Microsoft Windows compatible program, is a computer-based tool for automating the permeation testing data analysis. It works for both closed-loop and open-loop permeation testing. The program imports the data file collected during a permeation test and calculates the permeation parameters related to ASTM F 739, ASTM D 6978, and ISO 6529 standards based on a series of algorithms, strategies, and decision making. Upon completion, the program displays all of the calculated permeation parameters, the permeation curve, and other relevant information.
ASTM has adopted the Permeation Calculator as an industry standard (ASTM F2815) “Standard practice for chemical permeation through protective clothing materials: testing data analysis by use of a computer program.”
Permeation Calculator helps researchers and industrial hygienists avoid labor intensive hand calculations of the permeation parameters. The program also prevents inconsistency as a result of different experimenters. It ensures identical permeation parameters from a particular permeation test data file.
The Latest Version of Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1 - Unzip Installation Instructions:
- Download the Permeation Calculator.zip file to your computer.
- Once downloaded, right click on the PermCalc.zip file and select Extract File.
- The Extraction Wizard appears.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Select the Destination screen.
- Click next to extract all of the files.
- Click finish to complete.
- After unzipping the "PermCalc.zip" file, make sure that all six (6) *.dll files and the "PermCalc.exe" file are located in the same subfolder on your computer.
- Click on the executable file "PermCalc.exe" to run the software.
Permeation Calculator v2.4.1 - Zip File, Operating Instructions and Screen Shots:
- Download Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1/PermCalc.zip
- Operating Instructions for the Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1 [PDF - 74KB]
- Screen Shots of the Permeation Calculator Version 2.4.1 [PDF - 1.2MB]
For a complete set of application procedures, contact the author, Pengfei Gao, at 412-386-6885 or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Page last reviewed: June 6, 2014
- Page last updated: June 6, 2014
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division