NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods 4th Edition
General Laboratory Protocol
- NIOSH has a general protocol for evaluating methods of laboratory analysis:
- Kennedy, E.R.; Fischbach, T.J.; Song, R; Eller, P.M.; Shulman, S.A.: "Guidelines for Air Sampling and Analytical Method Development and Evaluation" DHHS(NIOSH) Publication No. 95-117.
- Downloadable software is available that assists with understanding the tests and calculating the results.
- For routine evaluation of many samplers and analytes, the following are equivalent:
- ASTM: Standard Practice for Evaluating the Performance of Diffusive Samplers, ATSM International, D 6246. Order at www.astm.org.
- ISO: Workplace Atmospheres - Protocol for Evaluating the Performance of Diffusive Samplers, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), ISO/FDIS 16107. Order at www.iso.org.
- Page last reviewed: April 28, 2016
- Page last updated: April 28, 2016
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Applied Research & Technology