Standard Application for the Approval of Respirators
- Download SAF_Version7_2009-10-05/saf_v7.zip into a temporary folder.
- Extract the files into a temporary folder by double-clicking the file "saf_v7.exe" (default is c:\temp\niosh).
- Run "setup.exe" which will be in the temporary folder.
- Accept the default settings
The application will be installed in the folder "c:\niosh". If an earlier version of the software has been installed, the template data file "saf_data.mdb" will be overwritten. Other previously created data files will not be overwritten. Instructions on running the software are included in the "readme.txt" file.
Important Note for IT Departments with Users Running SAF Version 7 [PDF - 14 KB]
Provides information useful to network administrators about the installation of Microsoft Active X Data Object Library. This software must be present in order for SAF version 7 to function.
Installation Instructions for SAF Version 7 [PDF - 178 KB]
Provides step-by-step instructions accompanied by screenshots for the installation of SAF version 7.
For a complete set of application procedures, contact NIOSH by Email at RecordsRoom@cdc.gov.
- Page last reviewed: December 14, 2014
- Page last updated: July 13, 2015
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory