Informational e-mails are periodically sent to the NHSN community with updates on news and developments. In an effort to keep the growing NHSN community informed, a copy of the sent e-mails are posted on this page.
- Subject: NHSN Version 7.2 Release Notes [PDF - 101 KB]
Attached document - NHSN v 7.2 Release Notes and Application Changes [PDF - 128 KB]
- Subject: NHSN Version 7.1 Release Notes (Sent: February 17, 2013) [PDF - 25 KB]
Attached document - NHSN v 7.1 Release Notes and Application Changes [PDF - 182 KB]
- Subject: New! 2013 Outpatient Dialysis Center Practices Survey (Sent 12/27/2012)[PDF - 62 KB]
- Subject: January 2013 NHSN Patient Safety Component Updates (Sent 12/21/2012) [PDF - 62 KB]
- Subject: Training Materials from October 2-4 Training Course Now Available (Sent 12/11/2012) [PDF - 62 KB]
- Subject: It's October and officially time to start reporting within the Dialysis Event Module! [PDF - 77 KB]
- Subject: Dialysis Enrollment Process Review (Sent: October 2, 2012) [PDF - 57 KB]
- Subject: NHSN Version 7.0 Release Notes [PDF - 32 KB]
Attached document - NHSN v 7.0 Release Notes and Application Changes [PDF - 108 KB]
- Subject: Changes to Surveillance for Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) (Sent: April 5, 2012)[PDF - 33KB]
- Subject: Information about Coding of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Procedures [PDF - 29 KB], Attached document [PDF - 264 KB] (Sent: April 2012)
- Subject: NHSN Version 6.6.1 Now Available! [PDF - 28 KB] - Release Notes Ver 6.6.1 [PDF - 3.18 KB] (Sent: April 30, 2012)
- Subject: NHSN Version 6.6 Now Available! (Sent: February 6, 2012) [PDF - 30KB]
Attached document - NHSN v 6.6 Release Notes and Application Changes [PDF - 221 KB]
- Subject: NHSN Updates, Including Guidance for CLABSI, CAUTI, and SSI Reporting for CMS (Sent: January 3, 2012) [PDF - 37 KB]
- Subject: NHSN Version 6.5 Release (Sent: October 24, 2010) [PDF - 5 KB]
- Subject: ICD-9-CM code updates Oct. 2011 [PDF - 5 KB]
- Subject: Healthcare Facility Reporting via NHSN to Comply with CMS Rules [PDF - 150 KB] Sent: September 27, 2011
- Subject: Recent Updates to SSI and CAUTI chapters of the NHSN Manual and also upcoming changes to the Denominator for Procedure and SSI forms [PDF - 81 KB] Sent: August 19, 2011
- Subject: NHSN version 6.4.2 and a Reminder of Helpful Information Online [PDF - 588 KB]
Sent: July 25, 2011
- Subject: IMPORTANT: Compliance with NHSN Reporting Requirements [PDF - 115 KB]
Sent: July 14, 2011
- Subject: Discontinuation of Requirements for Matching Antibiograms for Laboratory-Confirmed Bloodstream Infection (LCBI) Criterion 2 and 3 and for Secondary Bloodstream Infection [PDF - 58KB]
Sent: February 18, 2011.
- Subject: Reconsenting Facilities; CLIP form; Table 1 of SSI Chapter [PDF - 37KB]
Sent: February 2, 2011.
- Subject: Determining Patient Days for Summary Data Collection: Observation vs. Inpatients [PDF - 45KB]
Sent: December 22, 2010.
- Subject: NHSN June 2010 Patch [PDF - 24KB]
Attachment: MDRO Updates [PDF - 58KB]
Sent: June 10, 2010.
- Subject: New Version of NHSN [PDF - 39KB]
Sent: February 10, 2010.
- Subject: Change to Specimen Source Codes [PDF - 342KB]
Sent: December 2, 2009.
- Subject: NHSN 6.0 Now Available! [PDF - 16KB]
Sent: October 21, 2009.
- Subject: Now Available: NHSN Healthcare Personnel Safety Component! [PDF - 15KB]
Sent: September 2, 2009.
- Subject: NHSN 4.0 Now Available! [PDF - 16KB]
Sent: May 7, 2009.
- Subject: Reporting for “ALL” Locations in MDRO/CDAD Module [PDF - 20KB]
Sent: April 27, 2009.
- Subject: Introducing the NEW NHSN Website! [PDF - 16KB]
Sent: April 08, 2009.
- Subject: Entering MDRO OTH infections; Clarification of ABUTI criteria [PDF - 91KB]
Sent: April 07, 2009.
- Subject: Additional DA/PA/MDRO Reporting Guidance [PDF - 56KB]
Sent: March 25, 2009.
- Subject: JAMA Publication: MRSA CLABSIs in US Intensive Care Units, 1997-2007 [PDF - 20KB]
Sent: Feb 18, 2009.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Healthcare Safety Network
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
- Contact NHSN@cdc.gov