Description: This course presents the surveillance methods, definitions, and metrics for CLIP.
Objectives: By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for using the CLIP process tool in NHSN.
- Identify the structure of the Device-associated Module in NHSN.
- Define the key terms and protocols used for collecting CLIP process data.
- Identify the method used to collect and record CLIP data.
- Discuss using CLIP data to improve patient safety.
Length: 1 hour
- Patient Safety Primary Contact
- Infection Preventionists
- Healthcare Epidemiologists
- State HAI Coordinators
- Quality Specialists
- Data entry staff
- Introduction to the Patient Safety Component
- Introduction to the Device-associated Module
- Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) Surveillance