Description: This course presents the surveillance methods, definitions, and metrics for CAUTI.
Objectives: By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the scope of the problem of CAUTI.
- Review the structure of the Device-associated Module of NHSN and the surveillance methodology used for data collection.
- Define key terms and protocol used for collecting CAUTIs and their corresponding denominator data.
- Complete a UTI data collection form for CAUTI.
- Apply definitions to example case scenarios.
- Describe how CAUTI rates and device utilization ratios are calculated and reported to promote performance improvement.
Length: 90 minutes
- Patient Safety Primary Contact
- Infection Preventionists
- Healthcare Epidemiologists
- State HAI Coordinators
- Quality Specialists
- Data entry staff