Description: This course presents an introduction to the NHSN Hemovigilance Module, including enrollment or component activation, location mapping, adding users, surveillance requirements, and basic data entry.
Objectives: By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purposes of NHSN
- Understand where the Hemovigilance Module fits into the structure of NHSN.
- Understand the surveillance requirements of the NHSN Hemovigilance Module.
- Enroll or activate the Biovigilance Component, map locations, and add users.
- Begin NHSN Hemovigilance Module data collection and reporting.
Length: 90 minutes
- Transfusion Services Staff
- Data Entry Staff
- Quality Specialists
- Institution Leadership
- Transfusion Safety Officers
- Blood Collection Center Staff