Description: This course describes the two methods of incident reporting in the NHSN Hemovigilance Module, including case studies to illustrate proper incident coding of errors and accidents. The course also covers incident data collection form completion and entry into NHSN.
Objectives: By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the two methods of NHSN Hemovigilance Module incident reporting and the requirements for each.
- Apply appropriate process and incident codes to errors and accidents in the transfusion process.
- Complete the Monthly Incident Summary and Incident forms.
- Enter Monthly Incident Summary and Incident records into NHSN.
Length: 90 minutes
- Transfusion Services Staff
- Data Entry Staff
- Quality Specialists
- Institution Leadership
- Transfusion Safety Officers
- Blood Collection Center Staff