Description: This course presents adverse reaction case studies to familiarize the user with the Hemovigilance Module Adverse Reaction case definition criteria. The course also covers adverse reaction data collection form completion and entry into NHSN.
Objectives: By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Determine which adverse reactions should be reported in the NHSN Hemovigilance Module.
- Apply the NHSN Hemovigilance Module case definition criteria to adverse reactions.
- Complete the Hemovigilance Module Adverse Reaction form.
- Enter Adverse Reaction records into NHSN.
Length: 90 minutes
- Transfusion Services Staff
- Data Entry Staff
- Quality Specialists
- Institution Leadership
- Transfusion Safety Officers
- Blood Collection Center Staff