Publications and New EISOs
In This Issue
Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
- Cohn AC, MacNeil JR, Clark TA, et al. Prevention and control of meningococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62(RR02):1-22.
- Feikin D, Njenga K, Bigogo G, et al.Viral and bacterial causes of severe acute respiratory illness among children aged less than 5 years in a high malaria prevalence area of western Kenya, 2007–2010. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013;32:e14-9.
- Fleming-Dutra KE, Taylor T, Link-Gelles R, et al. Effect of the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemic on invasive pneumococcal pneumonia. J Infect Dis. 2013;207:1135-43.
- Hicks LA, Taylor TH, Hunkler RJ. U.S. outpatient antibiotic prescribing, 2010. N Eng J Med. 2013;368:1461-2.
- Queenan AM, Cassiday P, Evangelista A. Bordetella pertussis variants lacking the vaccine antigen pertactin: first detection in the United States. New Eng J Med. 2013;368:583-4.
- Tartof SY, Lewis M, Kenyon C, et al. Waning immunity to pertussis following 5 doses of DTaP. Pediatrics. 2013;131:1047-52.
- Tatti KM, Martin SW, Boney KO, et al. Qualitative assessment of pertussis diagnostics in United States laboratories. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Apr 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wang SA, Mantel CF, Gacic-Dobo M, et al. Progress in introduction of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine—worldwide, 2000–2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62(16):308-11.
- Williams WW, Lu PJ, Greby S, et al. Non-influenza vaccination coverage among adults—United States, 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:66-72.
- Wu HM, Soraia CM, Harcourt BH, et al. Accuracy of real-time PCR, gram stain and culture for Streptococcus pneumoniae, Neisseria meningitidis and Haemophilus influenzae meningitis diagnosis. BMC Infect Dis. 2013;13:26.
- Tatti KM, Loparev VN, Ganakammal SR, et al. Draft genome sequences of Bordetella holmesii strains from blood (F627) and nasopharynx (H558). Genome Announc. 2013;1:e0005613.
DBD Welcomes 4 New EIS Officers
During the annual Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Conference in April 2013, DBD recruited 4 new EIS officers to join the division for a 2-year assignment starting this summer. Please welcome Louise Francois and Sara Tomczyk to RDB, and Lucy Breakwell and Lucy McNamara to MVPDB (left to right in photos).
DBD Joins the BrunchRUN
The 1st Atlanta BrunchRUN 5K was held in Piedmont Park on May 11, 2013. The race benefited Open Hand, an organization seeking to eliminate disability and untimely death due to nutrition-sensitive chronic disease. Photo: Lauri Hicks and her husband (Mike) and son (Eliot), Alison Patti, Sema Mandal, Lara Misegades, Hajime Kamiya, Anna Acosta, Sarah Meyer, Stacey Martin and her husband (Ted, not pictured), and Ryan Novak.
- Page last reviewed: June 7, 2013
- Page last updated: June 7, 2013
- Content source: