In This Issue
Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
- CDC. Comparison of meningococcal disease surveillance systems – United States, 2005-2008. MMWR. 2012;61:306-8.
- CDC. Licensure of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for adults aged 50 years and older. MMWR. 2012;61:394-5.
- CDC. Updated recommendation for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine in adults 65 years and older – Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012. MMWR 2012;61(25):468-70.
- Clark TA, Messonnier NE, Hadler SC. Pertussis control: time for something new? Trends Microbiol. 2012;20:211-3.
- Cohn AC, Messonnier NE. Inching toward a serogroup B meningococcal vaccine for infants. JAMA. 2012;307:614-5.
- De Serres G, Pilishvili T, Link-Gelles R, et al. Use of surveillance data to estimate the effectiveness of the 7-valent conjugate pneumococcal vaccine in children less than 5 years of age over a 9 year period. Vaccine. 2012;30:4067-72.
- Jordan IK, Conley AB, Antonov IV, et al. Genome sequences for dive strains of the emerging pathogen Haemophilus haemolyticus. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:5879-80.
- Krauland MG, Dunning Hotopp JC, et al. Whole genome sequencing to investigate the emergence of clonal complex 23 Neisseria meningitidis serogroup Y disease in the United States. PLoS One. 2012;7:e35699.
- MacNeil JR, Cohn AC, Farley M, et al. Current epidemiology and trends in invasive Haemophilus influenzae disease -- United States, 1989-2008. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;53:1230-6.
- Mandal S, Tatti KM, Woods-Stout D, et al. Pertussis pseudo-outbreak linked to specimens contaminated by Bordetella pertussis DNA from clinic surfaces. Pediatrics. 2012;129:e424-30
- Nelson GE, Gershman KA, Swerdlow DL, et al. Invasive pneumococcal disease and pandemic (H1N1) 2009, Denver, Colorado, USA. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:208-16.
- Pawloski LC, Kirkland KB, Baughman AL, et al. Does Tdap vaccination interfere with serodiagnosis of pertussis infection? Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2012 Apr 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Schmidtke AJ, Boney KO, Martin SW, et al. Population diversity among Bordetella pertussis isolates, United States, 1935–2009. Emerg Infect Dis. Epub ahead of print. June 2012.
- Skoff TH, Cohn AC, Clark TA, et al. Early impact of the US Tdap vaccination program on pertussis trends. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2012;166:344-9.
- Smith KJ, Wateska AR, Nowalk MP, et al. Cost-effectiveness of adult vaccination strategies using pneumococcal conjugate vaccine compared with pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. JAMA. 2012;307:804-12.
- Wroe PC, Finkelstein JA, Ray GT, et al. Aging population and future burden of pneumococcal pneumonia in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:1589-92.
Top of Page
2012 Epi-Aids and Investigations
Pertussis epidemic – Washington, May 2012. The team went out to assist the Washington State Department of Health with characterizing the current pertussis outbreak and implementing further prevention and control measures.
- Page last reviewed: July 24, 2012
- Page last updated: July 24, 2012
- Content source: