In This Issue
Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
- CDC. Comparison of meningococcal disease surveillance systems – United States, 2005-2008. MMWR. 2012;61:306-8.
- CDC. Licensure of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for adults aged 50 years and older. MMWR. 2012;61:394-5.
- CDC. Updated recommendation for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine in adults 65 years and older – Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012. MMWR 2012;61(25):468-70.
- Clark TA, Messonnier NE, Hadler SC. Pertussis control: time for something new? Trends Microbiol. 2012;20:211-3.
- Cohn AC, Messonnier NE. Inching toward a serogroup B meningococcal vaccine for infants. JAMA. 2012;307:614-5.
- De Serres G, Pilishvili T, Link-Gelles R, et al. Use of surveillance data to estimate the effectiveness of the 7-valent conjugate pneumococcal vaccine in children less than 5 years of age over a 9 year period. Vaccine. 2012;30:4067-72.
- Jordan IK, Conley AB, Antonov IV, et al. Genome sequences for dive strains of the emerging pathogen Haemophilus haemolyticus. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:5879-80.
- Krauland MG, Dunning Hotopp JC, et al. Whole genome sequencing to investigate the emergence of clonal complex 23 Neisseria meningitidis serogroup Y disease in the United States. PLoS One. 2012;7:e35699.
- MacNeil JR, Cohn AC, Farley M, et al. Current epidemiology and trends in invasive Haemophilus influenzae disease -- United States, 1989-2008. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;53:1230-6.
- Mandal S, Tatti KM, Woods-Stout D, et al. Pertussis pseudo-outbreak linked to specimens contaminated by Bordetella pertussis DNA from clinic surfaces. Pediatrics. 2012;129:e424-30
- Nelson GE, Gershman KA, Swerdlow DL, et al. Invasive pneumococcal disease and pandemic (H1N1) 2009, Denver, Colorado, USA. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:208-16.
- Pawloski LC, Kirkland KB, Baughman AL, et al. Does Tdap vaccination interfere with serodiagnosis of pertussis infection? Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2012 Apr 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Schmidtke AJ, Boney KO, Martin SW, et al. Population diversity among Bordetella pertussis isolates, United States, 1935–2009. Emerg Infect Dis. Epub ahead of print. June 2012.
- Skoff TH, Cohn AC, Clark TA, et al. Early impact of the US Tdap vaccination program on pertussis trends. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2012;166:344-9.
- Smith KJ, Wateska AR, Nowalk MP, et al. Cost-effectiveness of adult vaccination strategies using pneumococcal conjugate vaccine compared with pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. JAMA. 2012;307:804-12.
- Wroe PC, Finkelstein JA, Ray GT, et al. Aging population and future burden of pneumococcal pneumonia in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:1589-92.
2012 Epi-Aids and Investigations
Pertussis epidemic – Washington, May 2012. The team went out to assist the Washington State Department of Health with characterizing the current pertussis outbreak and implementing further prevention and control measures.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.