Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
September 30, 2011: Content on this page kept for historical reasons.
- CDC. Tetanus surveillance — United States, 2001-2008. MMWR. 2011;60(12):365-69.
- CDC. Updated recommendations for use of meningococcal conjugate vaccines — Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010. MMWR. 2011;60(03):72-6.
- CDC. Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2010. MMWR. 2011;60(01):13-15.
- Costa MA, Huang SS, Moore M, Kulldorff M, Finkelstein JA. New approaches to estimating national rates of invasive pneumococcal disease. Am J Epidemiol. Epub ahead of print. 2011.
- Dawood FS, Ambrose JF, Russell BP, Hawksworth AW, Winchell JM, Glass N, et al. Outbreak of pneumonia in the setting of fatal pneumococcal meningitis among US Army trainees: potential role of Chlamydia pneumoniae infection. BMC Infect Dis. Epub ahead of print. 2011.
- Deutscher M, Schillie S, Gould C, Baumbach J, Mueller M, Avery C, Van Beneden CA. Investigation of a group A streptococcal outbreak among residents of a long-term acute care hospital. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52:988-94.
- Dolan Thomas J, Hatcher CP, Satterfield DA, Theodore MJ, Bach MC, Linscott KB, et al. sodC-based real-time PCR for detection of Neisseria meningitidis. PLoS One. 2011;6:e19361.
- Harris SL, Zhu D, Murphy E, McNeil LK, Wang X, Mayer LW, et al. Preclinical evidence for the potential of a vivalent fHBP vaccine to prevent Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C disease. Hum Vaccin. 2011;7:68-74.
- Huang SS, Johnson KM, Ray GT, Wroe P, Lieu TA, Moore MR, et al. Healthcare utilization and cost of pneumococcal disease in the United States. Vaccine. 2011;29:3398-412.
- Lowther SA, Shinoda N, Juni BA, Theodore MJ, Wang X, Lawahir SL, et al. Haemophilus influenzae type b infection, vaccination, and H. influenzae carriage in children in Minnesota, 2008–2009. Epidemiology and Infection. 2011. Available on CJO doi:10.1017/S0950268811000793.
- Rose CE, Romero-Steiner S, Burton RL, Carlone GM, Goldblatt D, Nahm MH, et al. Multilaboratory comparison of Streptococcus pneumoniae opsonophagocytic killing assays and their level of agreement for the determination of functional antibody activity in human reference sera. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18:135-42.
- Sow SO, Okoko BJ, Diallo A, Viviani S, Borrow R, Carlone G, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of a meningococcal A conjugate vaccine in Africans. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2293-304.
- Thigpen MC, Whitney CG, Messonnier NE, Zell ER, Lynfield R, Hadler JL, et al. Emerging Infections Programs Network. Bacterial meningitis in the United States, 1998–2007. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2016-25.
- Wang X, Cohn A, Comanducci M, Andrew L, Zhao X, Macneil JR, et al. Prevalence and genetic diversity of candidate vaccine antigens among invasive Neisseria meningitidis isolates in the United States. Vaccine. Epub ahead of print. May 2011.
- Page last reviewed: September 11, 2011 (archived document)
- Content source: