Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
- CDC. Tetanus surveillance — United States, 2001-2008. MMWR. 2011;60(12):365-69.
- CDC. Updated recommendations for use of meningococcal conjugate vaccines — Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010. MMWR. 2011;60(03):72-6.
- CDC. Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2010. MMWR. 2011;60(01):13-15.
- Costa MA, Huang SS, Moore M, Kulldorff M, Finkelstein JA. New approaches to estimating national rates of invasive pneumococcal disease. Am J Epidemiol. Epub ahead of print. 2011.
- Dawood FS, Ambrose JF, Russell BP, Hawksworth AW, Winchell JM, Glass N, et al. Outbreak of pneumonia in the setting of fatal pneumococcal meningitis among US Army trainees: potential role of Chlamydia pneumoniae infection. BMC Infect Dis. Epub ahead of print. 2011.
- Deutscher M, Schillie S, Gould C, Baumbach J, Mueller M, Avery C, Van Beneden CA. Investigation of a group A streptococcal outbreak among residents of a long-term acute care hospital. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52:988-94.
- Dolan Thomas J, Hatcher CP, Satterfield DA, Theodore MJ, Bach MC, Linscott KB, et al. sodC-based real-time PCR for detection of Neisseria meningitidis. PLoS One. 2011;6:e19361.
- Harris SL, Zhu D, Murphy E, McNeil LK, Wang X, Mayer LW, et al. Preclinical evidence for the potential of a vivalent fHBP vaccine to prevent Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C disease. Hum Vaccin. 2011;7:68-74.
- Huang SS, Johnson KM, Ray GT, Wroe P, Lieu TA, Moore MR, et al. Healthcare utilization and cost of pneumococcal disease in the United States. Vaccine. 2011;29:3398-412.
- Lowther SA, Shinoda N, Juni BA, Theodore MJ, Wang X, Lawahir SL, et al. Haemophilus influenzae type b infection, vaccination, and H. influenzae carriage in children in Minnesota, 2008–2009. Epidemiology and Infection. 2011. Available on CJO doi:10.1017/S0950268811000793.
- Rose CE, Romero-Steiner S, Burton RL, Carlone GM, Goldblatt D, Nahm MH, et al. Multilaboratory comparison of Streptococcus pneumoniae opsonophagocytic killing assays and their level of agreement for the determination of functional antibody activity in human reference sera. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18:135-42.
- Sow SO, Okoko BJ, Diallo A, Viviani S, Borrow R, Carlone G, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of a meningococcal A conjugate vaccine in Africans. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2293-304.
- Thigpen MC, Whitney CG, Messonnier NE, Zell ER, Lynfield R, Hadler JL, et al. Emerging Infections Programs Network. Bacterial meningitis in the United States, 1998–2007. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2016-25.
- Wang X, Cohn A, Comanducci M, Andrew L, Zhao X, Macneil JR, et al. Prevalence and genetic diversity of candidate vaccine antigens among invasive Neisseria meningitidis isolates in the United States. Vaccine. Epub ahead of print. May 2011.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.