Home: CDC Streptococcus Lab > Protocols
Streptococcus Laboratory Protocols
- emm typing
- PCR deduction of pneumococcal serotypes including identification of pneumococcal serotypes from nasopharynx using culture and PCR (Updated May 2013)
- Identification of other Streptococcal species
- Alternative MLST primers for S. pyogenes and S. pneumoniae. Also primers for an S. dysgalactiae subsp. equisimilis and S. canis MLST scheme
(Updated Jan 2009)
- Real Time PCR Target [PDF - 13KB] (Updated Sept 2010)
- TaqMan Template - S. pyogenes [PDF - 23KB] (Updated Sept 2010)
- TaqMan Template - S. pneumoniae [PDF - 23KB] (Updated Sept 2010)
Inquiries about Streptococcus Laboratory protocols should be directed to Bernard Beall (404-639-1237 -- BBeall@cdc.gov).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.