Washington Group on Disability Statistics
February 19-20, 2004. Brussels, Belgium.
The third meeting of the WG has been rescheduled and will take place February 19-20, 2004, in Brussels, Belgium. Due to the unforeseen circumstances that made it impossible to meet as originally scheduled and the need to meet as soon as possible, the planning committee determined that the third meeting should take the form of a strategic meeting. The agenda will be somewhat abbreviated but will focus on two very important issues for the WG.
At the conclusion of the second Meeting of the WG, there was agreement that a position paper should be developed to identify the purpose/s that a general disability measure should address. The paper has been developed and will be presented for discussion at the meeting. Formal comments will be requested. Agreement on the issues in the paper will form the basis for identifying future activities for the WG. The second major agenda item will be a discussion of a governance plan for the WG. A position paper dealing with the structure and operational guidelines for the Group is being prepared. This proposal will also be discussed and amended as needed by the meeting attendees. The results of the discussion of these two papers will determine/prioritize the immediate future work of the WG including the clear delineation of “next steps”.
The meeting room is located in the Federale Overheidsdienst Statistiek en Economische Informatie (National Institute for Statistics), Rue de Louvain/Leuvense weg 44/46, B-1000 Brussels. There will not be a conference hotel, and meeting participants will be responsible for making there own hotel arrangements. An interactive map Web site and a hotel Web site have been provided below to assist meeting participants with travel arrangements. Please check the WG Web site frequently for meeting updates.
- Review of Developments and Objectives of the Meeting (WG3.21) [PPT - 47 KB]
- Proposed Purpose of an Internationally Comparable General Disability Measure (WG3.6) [PDF - 71 KB]
- Proposed Purpose of an Internationally Comparable General Disability Measure (WG3.6a) [PPT - 115 KB]
- Proposed Plan for Governance of the Washington Group (WG3.7) [PDF - 22 KB]
- Proposed Plan for Governance of the Washington Group (WG3.7a) [PPT - 187 KB]
- Revised Governance Plan [PDF - 28 KB]
- Use of Terms and Definitions (WG3.5) [PDF - 25 KB]
- Commentary: Brazil (WG3.11) [PDF - 27 KB]
- Commentary: India (WG3.12) [PDF - 29 KB]
- Commentary: Peru (WG3.13) [PDF - 19 KB]
- Commentary: Philippines (WG3.14) [PDF - 17 KB]
- Commentary: Philippines (WG3.14a) [PPT - 83 KB]
- Commentary: Uganda (WG3.15) [PDF - 19 KB]
- Commentary: United Kingdom (WG3.16) [PPT - 97 KB]
- Proposed World Bank Grant for Strengthening Disability Statistics (WG3.17) [PDF - 14 KB]
- Commentary: Australia (WG3.18) [PDF - 65 KB]
- Room document: Information Note for WG3 (WG3.20) [PDF - 28 KB]
- Room document: The Collection and Dissemination of Statistics on Disability at the UNSD, Proposals for the Future (WG3.22) [PDF - 75 KB]
Eurostat Unit D6 "Health and food safety"
Unité D6 "Santé et sécurité alimentaire"
Health statistics / statistiques de Santé
Tel: +352 4301 35034
Fax: +352 4301 35399
Marleen De Smedt
European Commission – Eurostat
Tel: +352 4301 33613
Fax: +352 4301 35399