Linear Regression models, both simple and multiple, assess the association between independent variable(s) (Xi) — sometimes called exposure or predictor variables — and a continuous dependent variable (Y) — sometimes called the outcome or response variable. In cross-sectional surveys such as NHANES, linear regression analyses can be used to examine associations between covariates and health outcomes.
Task 1: Describe Linear Regression
Before setting up a regression model, it is useful to understand the basic concepts and formulas used in linear regression models.
Task 2: Develop Linear Regression Models for NHANES Data
In this task, you will learn how to set up linear regression models in SUDAAN, SAS Survey procedures, and Stata. SUDAAN, SAS Survey procedures, and Stata are statistical software packages that can be used to analyze survey data such as NHANES.
- Key Concepts about Developing Linear Regression Models for NHANES Data
- How to Set Up Linear Regression Using SUDAAN
- How to Set Up Linear Regression Using SAS 9.1 Survey Procedures
- How to Set Up Linear Regression Using SAS 9.2 Survey Procedures
- How to Set Up Linear Regression Using Stata
- Download Sample Code and Dataset