Below is a listing of all the sample code and datasets used in the NHANES III tutorial. They are organized by module and then task. If a module or task is not listed it is because it did not have a related program. All programs are SAS programs (i.e. SAS Survey Procedures or SAS-callable SUDAAN) and the datasets are SAS datasets for Windows.
Program code used in this tutorial follow procedures available in SAS 9.1 or SAS 8.0 and SUDAAN 9.0 or SUDAAN 8.0.
These programs use variable formats listed in the Tutorial Formats page. You may need to format the variables in your dataset the same way to reproduce results presented in the tutorial.
A regular left-click may not download the SAS datasets or SAS code correctly. Your browser may try to open and attempt to interpret the contents of the dataset or program. If this happens, right-click the link and save the dataset or program to your hard drive. After it has downloaded, the use your statistical software program to open the dataset to view it.
- Task 3a: How to Create NHANES III Datasets for SAS/SUDAAN
- Task 3c: How to Create NHANES III Datasets for Stata
Zip file of all programs and datasets for this module
- Task 1: How to Keep NHANES
- Task 2: How to Merge NHANES
Zip file of all programs, output, and datasets for this
- Task 1: How to Identify, Recode, and Evaluate Missing Data
- Step 1: Identify Missing and Unavailable Values
- Step 2: Recode Unavailable Values as Missing
- Step 3: Evaluate Extent of Missing Data
- Task 2: How to Check for
Skip Patterns and Explain How they Affect Results
- Step 2: Check Data for Skip Patterns
- Step 3: Recode Data as Necessary
- Task 3: How to Check Distributions and
Describe the Impact of Influential Outliers
- Step 1: Check distributions by running univariate analysis
- Step 2: Plot Graph of Survey Weight Against Distribution of Variable
- Step 3: Identify Outliers and Compare Estimate with and without Outliers
- Task 4: How to Recode Variables
Step 1: Recode Based on Alternate Definitions
- Step 2: Check Derived Variables
- Step 1: Recode Based on Alternate Definitions