Technical and Software Requirements
How to Set your Monitor's Resolution and Adjust Your Text Size
The tutorial was designed to fit on a 800 x 600 pixel screen without left-to-right scrolling. However, you will need to scroll vertically. The animations and pop-up windows were also designed to fit inside a 800 x 600 pixel screen without any scrolling. If you do not know your monitor's resolution, you may want to check it before beginning the tutorial.
To check your monitor's resolution on a computer running any version of Microsoft Windows:
- Right-click any open space on your computer's desktop to bring up a pop-up menu.
- Select Properties from the menu, and then select the Settings tab.
- Under the Settings tab, you should see a slider labeled Screen Resolution.
The numbers under the slider is your monitor's resolution. Common settings, from lowest to highest, are:
- 600 by 480 pixels
- 800 by 600 pixels (minimum for viewing tutorial)
- 1024 by 780 pixels (recommended)
- 1280 by 1024 pixels
When you view the tutorial, you may wish to increase the size of the type to make it easier to read. To adjust your type size:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Go to View, then Text Size , then select the "Larger" or "Largest" option from the pop-up menu.
Go to View, then Increase Font. Repeat until the type is size is to your liking.
Go to View, then Text Size , then Increase. Repeat until the type is size is to your liking.