Where should I start the tutorial?
To use the tutorial, you can either start from the beginning and pursue the whole tutorial in a linear fashion, or pick and choose topics of interests presented in different modules. To start the tutorial at the beginning, select the 1. Survey Overview link from the navigation bar on the left. Then, select each successive module from the navigation.
Before starting the tutorial, we strongly recommend that you read through the Jump Start Guide. This guide gives detailed information on how to efficiently navigate your way through the different kinds of web layouts and templates in the tutorial (See: How the Tutorial Works).
- If you are searching for information on NHANES data and variables (e.g., data files, variable names, background information), the following modules will be most useful:
- If you want to know how to build an NHANES dataset in SAS, start with the Preparing an Analytic Dataset series of modules.
- If you want to understand the complex survey design and how to correctly account for it in your analyses, you can go to the Survey Design Factors course.
- If you are interested only in conducting specific analyses, you can go to the NHANES Analyses series of modules to find the topic of interest.
What Software Will I Need?
The Software Requirements page lists all the software required for viewing the tutorial and running sample programs for each course. Also, it can help you determine if you have the required software on your computer, or provide links to the websites for downloading the free media players.
Can I get Continuing Education for this tutorial?
Yes, Continuing Education is available for the content covering the Continuous NHANES survey and data. However, Continuing Education is not available for the supplemental content covering the NHANES III, NHANES II, or NHANES I surveys and data. To register for Continuing Education, please see the Course Registration Tips page for instructions. There is no cost for Continuing Education from CDC.
Help! I'm Having Technical Issues!
Use the Tech Tips to troubleshoot your technical problem. It covers:
- installing software for viewing demonstrations and documentation
- disabling pop-up-blocking software
- setting your your monitor resolution
- making the text size larger
CDC, our planners, and our content experts wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC does not accept commercial support.