The National Conference on Health Statistics, sponsored by the National Center for Health Statistics, meets biennially in Washington, D.C. The NCHS replaces the Public Health Conference on Records and Statistics. Proceedings of the Conference are included on this site.
The National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics advises the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The Committee collaborates with agencies within the DHHS and other public and private sector organizations. Special reports have been issued by the Committee and published by NCHS in the past. Only the on-going annual reports appear in this list.
The Public Health Conference on Records and Statistics, sponsored by the National Center for Health Statistics meets biennially in Washington, D.C. Proceedings of the conferences appear in this list.
The National Medical Care Utilization and Expenditure Survey (NMCUES) was conducted in 1980 and early 1981. Data were collected on health, access to and use of medical services, associated charges and sources of payment, and health insurance coverage for the civilian noninstitutionalized population. Reports from the survey were published by NCHS and the Health Care Financing Administration.
Quarterly compilations of citations of recent publications reporting efforts to develop and /or apply composite measures of health status. This series ceased after issue No. 4, 1990.
Discontinued after issue No. 13. Issued irregularly as a guide for health planners and others in the use of appropriate statistical methodology for collecting and analyzing vital and health statistics. Each issue is devoted to discussion of a single topic with emphasis on existing data.
Persons with disabilities who experience problems accessing PDF files should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-458-4688.
- No. 9 Multiple Causes of Death in Old Age. [PDF - 618 KB]
- No. 8 Trends in Influenza and Pneumonia Among Older. Persons in the United States. [PDF - 943 KB]
- No. 7 Trends in Health Status and Health Care Use Among. Older Woman. [PDF - 337 KB]
- No. 6 Trends in Causes of Death among Older Persons in the United States. [PDF - 350 KB]
- No. 5 Trends in Prescribed Medicine Use and Spending by Older Americans, 1992-2001. [PDF - 1.8 MB]
- No. 4 The Changing Profile of Nursing Home Residents: 1985-1997. [PDF - 271 KB]
- No. 3 The Oral Health of Older Americans. [PDF - 285 KB]
- No. 2 Trends in Vision and Hearing Among Older Americans. [PDF - 496 KB]
- No. 1 Trends in Causes of Death Among the Elderly. [PDF - 416 KB]
Health Survey Research Methods
- Ninth Conference [PDF - 2.5 MB]
- Eighth Conference [PDF - 3 MB]
- Seventh Conference [PDF - 4.8 MB]
- Sixth Conference [PDF - 3.1 MB]
International Health Data Reference Guide
- 1992 Revision. April 1995. [PDF - 2.9 MB]
- 1992 Revision. February 1994. [PDF - 432 KB]
- 1977 Revision. May 1978. [PDF - 3.7 MB]
- Cover, Title Page, Acknowledgements, Contents, List of Figures and Tables, Highlights, References (cover to page 9) [PDF - 722 KB]
- General Statistics (pages 10-18) [PDF - 3.6 MB]
- Injury Diagnoses and External Causes of Injury (pages 19-31) [PDF - 4.5 MB]
- Injury Diagnoses and External Causes of Injury (pages 32-49) [PDF - 7.7 MB]
- Injury Diagnoses and External Causes of Injury (pages 50-65) [PDF - 4.4 MB]
- Utilization and Payment (pages 66-87) [PDF - 5.8 MB]
- Appendixes (pages 89-105) [PDF - 632 KB]
Nutrition Monitoring in the United States
- The Directory of Federal and State Nutrition Monitoring and Related Research Activities. 2000. [PDF - 860 KB]
- The Directory of Federal and State Nutrition Monitoring and Related Research Activities. 1998. [PDF - 793 KB]
- Chartbook I: Selected Findings From the National Nutrition Monitoring and Related Research Program. 1993. [PDF - 146.5 MB]
- The Directory of Federal Nutrition Monitoring Activities. 1992. [PDF - 9.2 MB]
- An Update Report on Nutrition Monitoring. 1989. [PDF - 36.4 MB]
- A Progress Report From the Joint Nutrition Monitoring Evaluation Committee. 1986. [PDF - 27.7 MB]
Proceedings of the International Collaborative Effort on Automating Mortality Statistics
- Volume III. November 2006. [PDF - 11.7 MB]
- Volume II. September 2001. [PDF - 6.5 MB]
- Volume I. July 1999. [PDF - 1.3 MB]
Proceedings of the International Collaborative Effort on Perinatal and Infant Mortality
- Volume I. Papers presented at the International Symposium on Perinatal and Infant Mortality, 1984: Bethesda, Maryland. March 1990. [PDF - 25.6 MB]
- Volume II. Papers presented at the American Public Health Association, 1985: Washington, D.C. March 1990. [PDF - 13.1 MB]
- Volume I. Papers presented at the International Symposium on Perinatal and Infant Mortality, 1984: Bethesda, Maryland. August 1985. [PDF - 27 MB]
- Volume II. Papers presented at the American Public Health Association, 1985, Washington, DC. October 1988. [PDF - 9.2 MB]
- Volume III. Papers presented at the International Symposium on Perinatal and Infant Mortality, 1990, Bethesda, Maryland. October 1992. [PDF - 28 MB]
The Effect of the Sixth Revision of the International Lists of Diseases and Causes of Death Upon Comparability of Mortality Trends. Volume 36, Number 10. Vital Statistics - Special Report [PDF - 1.4 MB]