Developed by: National Center for Health Statistics, Division of Health Care Statistics
This program was developed for health information management professionals in facilities that are participating or considering participation in the National Hospital Care Survey or NHCS, and will discuss "What Health Information Management Professionals Need to Know about NHCS".
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit (CEU) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and 1.5 CEUs through the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
- To introduce you to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- To describe the National Hospital Care Survey (NHCS)
- To tell you why you should participate in NHCS
- To describe what participation involves
- To describe how NCHS ensures confidentiality and complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
The training requires the Adobe flash plugin, version 9.0 or higher, which is available for a wide range of browsers on the Adobe website.