National Health and Examination Survey, NHES I-III
Reports and Reference Manuals
NOTE: All files are in PDF format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader (tm) to view and download.
- Analytic Guidelines for NHANES III* [PDF - 184 KB]
* Refer to these guidelines because they also apply to NHES I-III data analyses.
- An Approach to the Analysis of Data From Complex Surveys [PDF - 3.6 MB]
- Origin, Program, and Operation of the U.S. National Health Survey [PDF - 4 MB]
- Plan and Initial Program of the Health Examination Survey [PDF - 9 MB]
- Plan, Operation, and Response Rates of a Program of Children's Examination [PDF - 12 MB]
- Plan and Operation of a Health Examination Survey of U.S. Youths 12-17 Years of Age [PDF - 6 MB]
- Calibration of Two Bicycle Ergometers Used by the Health Examination Survey [PDF - 3.6 MB]
- Factors Related to Response in a Health Examination Survey: United States--1960-1962 [PDF - 3.9 MB]
- Loudness Balance Study of Selected Audiometer Earphones [PDF - 3.5 MB]
- The Rationale, Development, and Standardization of a Basic Word Vocabulary Test [PDF - 5.5 MB]