Public Health Transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS
ICD-10-CM/PCS Transition: What You Need to Know
- The transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS will take place at a later date.
- All users will transition on the same date
- If your program is covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) then transitioning to ICD-10 code sets is mandatory (How do I know if I am covered by HIPAA?)
- ICD-10 was implemented for mortality reporting in the U.S. in 1999
- CDC has created the ICD-10 Transition Workgroup to help facilitate CDC's transition to the new code sets