Healthy People 2010 Final Review
Healthy People 2010 Final Review
Healthy People 2010 Final Review presents a quantitative end-of-decade assessment of progress in achieving the Healthy People 2010 objectives and goals over the course of the decade. It continues the series of profiles of the nation's health objectives as an integral part of the Department of Health and Human Services' disease and health promotion initiative for the decade that began in 2000.
This report presents a summary of progress toward achieving the Healthy People 2010 goals of:
- Increasing quality and years of healthy life, and
- Eliminating health disparities.
This publication provides the final tracking data used to present a quantitative assessment of progress for the 969 objectives in the 28 Healthy People 2010 Focus Areas. A summary of progress for the Healthy People 2010 Leading Health indicators is also presented.
View/Download Snapshots: Overview and Selected FindingsHealthy People 2010 Final Review Slide Deck
To request this slide deck in PowerPoint format, please contact HP2020DATA@cdc.gov.
View/Download the Report
To view the PDF files, Adobe Reader is required. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can download it free of charge from the Adobe website.
- List of Tables and Figures
Health of the Nation
- Healthy People 2010 Final Review Overview [PDF - 1.4 MB]
- Summary of Progress
- Goal 1: Increase Quality and Years of Healthy Life
- Goal 2: Eliminate Health Disparities
- Transitioning to Healthy People 2020: The Decade Ahead
- Healthy People 2010 Leading Health Indicators [PDF - 1 MB]
- Reader's Guide [PDF - 919 KB]
Overview by Focus Area
- Access to Quality Health Services [PDF - 1.4 MB]
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Chronic Back Conditions [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Cancer [PDF - 1.9 MB]
- Chronic Kidney Disease [PDF - 1.4 MB]
- Diabetes [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Disability and Secondary Conditions [PDF - 963 KB]
- Educational and Community-Based Programs [PDF - 967 KB]
- Environmental Health [PDF - 1 MB]
- Family Planning [PDF - 979 KB]
- Food Safety [PDF - 963 KB]
- Health Communication [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Heart Disease and Stroke [PDF - 2.1 MB]
- HIV [PDF - 1.2 MB]
- Immunizations and Infectious Diseases [PDF - 1.5 MB]
- Injury and Violence Prevention [PDF - 2.1 MB]
- Maternal, Infant, and Child Health [PDF - 1.6 MB]
- Medical Product Safety [PDF - 940 KB]
- Mental Health and Mental Disorders [PDF - 1.5 MB]
- Nutrition and Overweight [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Occupational Safety and Health [PDF - 946 KB]
- Oral Health [PDF - 966 KB]
- Physical Activity and Fitness [PDF - 1 MB]
- Public Health Infrastructure [PDF - 934 KB]
- Respiratory Diseases [PDF - 1.5 MB]
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases [PDF - 1.4 MB]
- Substance Abuse [PDF - 1.5 MB]
- Tobacco Use [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Vision and Hearing [PDF - 996 KB]
- Appendix A: Technical Appendix [PDF - 1.2 MB]
- Appendix B: Published Issues of Healthy People Statistical Notes [PDF - 793 KB]
- Appendix C: Healthy People 2010 Workgroup Coordinators and Contributing Members [PDF - 933 KB]
- Appendix D: A Crosswalk Between Objectives from Healthy People 2010 to Healthy People 2020 [PDF - 1 MB]
- Appendix E: Evolution of Healthy People [PDF - 472 KB]
Excel versions of the health disparities tables and maps have been made available for accessibility and may be downloaded from the FTP server:
Order Print Copies of the Report
Limited quantities of Healthy People 2010 Final Review are available in print at no cost. To order a hard copy of the report, please contact CDC-INFO:
- Contact CDC-INFO Form - Please select 'Publications' for the Subject and specify the name of the report (e.g. Healthy People 2010 Final Review)
- Phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO
Also available in limited quantities - Healthy People 2010 Final Review: Progress Charts
Healthy People 2010 Final Review: Progress Charts presents a quick-reference tool for the quantitative assessment of progress toward achieving the Healthy People 2010 objectives over the course of the decade.
The full report, Healthy People 2010 Final Review, further provides an extensive summary of progress toward achieving the two overarching Healthy People 2010 goals of increasing quality and years of healthy life and eliminating health disparities.
Healthy People 2010 Final Review: Progress Charts provides the final tracking data used to chart progress for the 969 objectives in the 28 Healthy People 2010 Focus Areas. A Progress Chart for the Healthy People 2010 Leading Health Indicators also is presented.