NCHS DOQS provides a simple-to-use interface that allows users to build a query for a chosen dataset and view the results. Users build queries by stepping through data selection options that can restrict the query to a particular subpopulation or determine the variables that display in their results.
Basic outline of building a query and viewing the results:
- Select a dataset from the NCHS DOQS homepage.
- After selecting the dataset, you will enter the NCHS DOQS application. You will see a page with a brief overview of the dataset and the statistical measures available. To select a measure, simply click on the measure name.
- After selecting a measure, you will see a page with a series of numbered steps. You can restrict your analysis to a particular subpopulation based on the selections you make in each step (to expand a step, click on the blue bar). If you are not interested in any particular subpopulation, you may skip to the final step to select row and column variables for your query results. Remember that the choices you make in the steps can affect how the query results are displayed.
- After you have finished making your selections, click the "Submit" button to run your query. A confirmation page will appear.
- You will now be able to view or modify your results.
- NCHS DOQS Tutorial - Overview [PDF - 1.8 MB] [PPT - 2.8 MB] - A general overview of NCHS DOQS features and functionality is provided, including step-by-step instructions on building and modifying a simple query.
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2015
- Page last updated: July 24, 2014
- Content source: