NCHHSTP Newsroom Archive: 2010
These media materials are no longer being updated and remain for historical context. Visit NCHHSTP Newsroom for the most current information.
- December 8, 2010 – Media Statement – U.S. Global Health Programs Welcome World Health Organization Endorsement of Rapid Test for Tuberculosis
- December 1, 2010 – Commentary – "After HIV pill news, now comes the tricky part."
- December 1, 2010 – Media Statement – World AIDS Day: December 1, 2010, by Dr. Kevin Fenton
- November 30, 2010 – Press Release – HIV testing rates rise, but many still not tested
- Fact Sheet – CDC Vital Signs: HIV Testing in the United States
- November 23, 2010 – Media Statement – CDC statement on the results of the National Institutes of Health’s iPrEx trial, examining Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention among men who have sex with men.
- November 22, 2010 – 2009 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Surveillance Report
- November 15, 2010 – Media Summary – "Preliminary Trial Results Suggest That Treatment for Latent TB Infection Could Soon Be Easier Than Ever Before"
- October 14, 2010 – Statement – "Save a Life. It May Be Your Own. Get Tested for HIV."
14 de Octubre, 2010 – Mensaje – "Salve una vida. Podría ser la suya. Hágase los análisis de VIH."
- October 7, 2010 – Press Release – CDC Expands Leadership Effort to Reach Groups Hardest-hit by HIV
- September 24, 2010 – Press Release – HHS announces $30 million in new resources to support the National HIV/AIDS Strategy
- September 23, 2010 – Press Release – 1 in 5 Men Who Have Sex With Men in 21 U.S. Cities Has HIV; Nearly Half Unaware
- September 15, 2010 – Press Release – CDC Awards $6.2 Million for Integration of Health Services
- August 3, 2010 – Press Release – CDC Awards $42 Million to Community-Based Organizations to Support HIV Prevention Efforts Across the Nation
- XVIII International AIDS Conference, July 18-23, 2010, Vienna, Austria
- Press Release – New CDC Analysis Reveals Strong Link Between Poverty and HIV Infection
- Media Statement – CAPRISA Microbicide Study Results
- Summary – CDC Study Finds Immune System Benefits of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for Animals Infected with the Monkey Form of HIV While Taking These Drugs
- Media Summary – Preliminary Results from First Safety Study of Daily Tenofovir for HIV Prevention Among MSM Find No Significant Concerns
- Fact Sheet – CDC U.S. Extended PrEP Safety Trial Quick Facts on Trial Design
- Commentary – Kevin Fenton discusses the new research and new hope that emerged at the 18th Annual International AIDS Conference in Vienna on BET.com
- June 21, 2010 – Media Statement – National HIV Testing Day, June 27, 2010
- June 17, 2010 – Press Release – CDC Launches “HIV Screening. Standard Care.” To Help Physicians Make HIV Testing a Routine Part of Medical Care.
- June 1, 2010 – Commentary - Leading Black Doctor: We Can’t Ignore Truth About Herpes, by Dr. Kevin Fenton, Director of CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- May 19, 2010 – News Release– World Hepatitis Day by Dr. Howard Koh, Assistant Secretary of Health, HHS
- April 6, 2010 – Press Release - MTV Asks Audience: Do You GYT?
- April 1, 2010 – Press Release - CDC Announces $31.5 Million Expansion of Successful HIV Testing Initiative to Ensure that More Americans Learn Their HIV Status
- March 10, 2010 – Press Release - CDC Analysis Provides New Look at Disproportionate Impact of HIV and Syphilis Among U.S. Gay and Bisexual Men
- Fact Sheet – HIV and AIDS among Gay and Bisexual Men
- March 9, 2010 – Press Release - CDC Study Finds U.S. Herpes Rates Remain High
March 8, 2010 – Press Release - Public Health Leaders Gather at National STD Prevention Conference to Address Heavy Toll of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
March 4, 2010 – Press Release - Jamie Foxx and Ludacris Partnering with CDC to Promote “i know,” a New Social Media Effort to Amplify the Voices of African-American Young Adults in the Fight against HIV
- Backgrounder – “i know”: Raising the Volume of Young African-American Voices in the Fight against HIV”
- Fact Sheet – HIV and AIDS among African American Youth
- Fact Sheet – Act Against AIDS
- PSA from Jamie Foxx and Video Messages from Ludacris and Other Celebrity Partners
- Q&A With Kevin Fenton and Hydeia Broadbent on Young People and HIV on BET.com
February 18, 2010 – Press Release – Extending Tuberculosis Preventive Treatment Could Dramatically Reduce Illness Among HIV-Positive Individuals in Many Areas of the World
February 4, 2010 – Media Statement – Protecting a New Generation From HIV, by Dr. Kevin Fenton, Director, NCHHSTP, CDC
- February 1, 2010 – Video Commentary – Role for Clinicians in the Prevention of HIV, by Dr. Jonathan Mermin, Director of CDC’s Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
January 11, 2010 – Media Statement – CDC Statement Following Release of Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report on Hepatitis and Liver Cancer
- Web Site – CDC IOM & Viral Hepatitis Web Site
- Full Report – Institute of Medicine Report on Hepatitis and Liver Cancer
HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, STDs or TB
- (404) 639-8895
M-F 9am-5:30pm (ET)
All Other Topics
- (404) 639-3286
TTY: (888) 232-6348
New Hours of Operation